The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machinist, located in Orange, TX, is committed to supporting Cloeren Incorporated continue to be the leader in extrusion die and feedblock quality and technology by operating CNC machines in a safe and productive manner, skilled precision and bench work in the fabrication, maintenance, repair and alteration of machinery, machine parts, tools, and equipment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Use gauge and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements.
- Use precision tools, machinery, and equipment such as lathe, vertical milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press, chop saw, band saw, push and pull broaches and a variety of cutting tools and equipment.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out of metal, plastics, and composites.
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures, and removes holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Recognizes, deploys, and properly uses inserts, fixtures, and tooling.
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment.
- Ability to track parts and jobs in ERP system.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions.
- Operate the overhead cranes and forklift effectively and safely.
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
At a minimum, the CNC Machinist must have a high school diploma, or equivalent, along with 2-3 years of proven experience working with CNC machines.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with customers/public, fellow employees, vendors, etc.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as needed, to best serve our business operations.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k benefits, including company match
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Company paid Basic Life/AD&D Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability
About Cloeren Incorporated
Cloeren Incorporated, headquartered in Orange, Texas, is the global leader in feedblock and die technology for extrusion applications. To find out more about our family-run business, visit our website at www.cloeren.com.
Cloeren Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.